SIBM Pune is the ‘flagship institute’ under Symbiosis International (Deemed University)-SIU. From its humble beginnings in the year 1978, SIBM Pune has come a long way to become one of India’s top business schools with an illustrious journey spanning over four decades. It is the only Management Institute under SIU, in the all-India National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranking. SIBM Pune has been ranked 17th by NIRF 2023 in the management category and ranked 3rd among private colleges. Outlook-ICARE India’s Best B-School 2024 Rankings, SIBM Pune has been ranked at #2. As per India Today rankings SIBM Pune is the 6th best private B School in India. SIBM Pune is known to equip students with required knowledge, skills and abilities to grow in their careers, SIBM Pune stands tall for its academic excellence.
It focuses on the following aspects for working professionals:
- Enhances business skills and leadership capabilities of Managers
- Improves capacity for strategic decision making, faster thinking and becoming more creative
- Deepens understanding of organizational dynamics to improve the design and implementation of new initiatives
- Builds capabilities for leading cross-border and cross-functional teams
- Develops knowledge in the core areas of business such as Finance, Marketing and Strategy, Operations, Supply Chain, Analytics & IT based on current research and best practices
The features as listed above help in the career progression of a working professionals, be it in the form of an increment or a promotion or even a job switch.
The MBA Executive Program is a 2 years programme comprising 100 credits. Classes are conducted on all weekends i.e. Saturday and Sunday, between 9am-5pm.
Student seeking admission for MBA Executive Program must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree from any statutory/recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45 % marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe)
- Graduation through Distance Education is accepted provided it is approved/recognized by UGC or AICTE.
- A minimum of one-year work experience after graduation. (work experience as on 31.05.2024). Documentary evidence of work experience will have to be provided at the time of admission.
Selection of students shall be done on the basis of Personal Interview. Personal Interview is focused more on getting to know the candidate than testing only the knowledge of the candidate.
- Yes, it offers four specialisations to choose from. 1.Marketing 2. Finance 3. Operations & Supply Chain Management 4. Analytics & IT. Dual specialization with Major- Minor subjects is offered. Students have to choose one Major and one Minor specialisation.
- As per University norms, minimum 10 students must opt for a specialization to be offered. Hence, in case only 2/3 students opt for a particular specialization, it will not be offered.
SIBM, Pune does not have any problem with either. However, if the student is a sponsored candidate, it has to be checked with the employer.
This is not a Distance Education Program. Attending classes is mandatory for which one has to visit SIBM Lavale campus for the entire duration of the course. Inter university transfer to any other location of SIBM is not possible.
Yes, you can. However, the Program has to be completed within a duration of five years from the date of registration.
The assessment done for each student is based on the relative performance. For all courses, a student is required to pass both the internal and the external examinations separately, with a minimum Grade Point of 4.000. Students securing less than 40% absolute marks will be declared FAIL. The University awards a degree to those students who achieve a minimum CGPA of 4.000 out of a maximum of 10.000 for the entire program.
There are continuous evaluations that take place throughout the semester in the form of assignments, quizzes, class tests, etc. In addition to this, there are internal and external exams in each semester. External exams are conducted by SIU- Symbiosis International (Deemed University) and Internals are conducted by the Institute (SIBM). If anyone misses any exam due to unavoidable circumstances, he/she gets an opportunity to appear for it in the backlog.
He / she cannot appear for Term End Examination of Semester-3 if he/ she has CGPA less than 4.00 up to Semester-1.
He / she cannot appear for Term End Examination of Semester-4 if he/ she has CGPA less than 4.00 up to Semester-2.
All the students admitted to the MBA Executive Program are working professionals from diverse sectors and profiles, right from Junior Managers to Vice Presidents. The usual span of work-experience is between 2-25 years. It is a great opportunity to interact with such a diverse group and a golden chance to benefit from such an enriching peer-learning experience!
It is a blended teaching/learning approach. It is a mix of theory, practice and experiential learning. Considering the students' profile and their work experience, classroom teaching is supplemented by:
- Course Assignments
- Integrated Projects
- Guest Lectures
- Hands-on experience on Research
- Experiential Learning
- Case Study based learning
We welcome participation of students of MBA Executive, in specific Seminars/Conferences which are relevant to the Program.
Two University Programs cannot be pursued simultaneously. However, if it is a non-university course, it is possible.
MBA Executive is recognized by UGC. The Degree will be awarded at the end of Semester IV, taking into consideration the performance of all the 4 semester examinations, with a minimum requirement of 4.000 CGPA out of 10.
Yes, you can go for higher education such as Ph.D. from any University within or outside India.
Educational Loans can easily be availed from Axis Bank, Indian Bank, Canara Bank, Credila, Bank of Baroda, or Corporation Bank.
As this Program is offered to working executives, placement is not an integral part. However, you get an opportunity to network with other executives working in diverse corporations. As a result, your network expands which will certainly help you if you are planning for career progression or a change of job.
Yes. Please write to Mr. Rohit Rane on firstname.lastname@example.org to place a request.